Ladybug

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2800
11 Year Old Kidnapped and Held Hostage

LAMONT, Calif. -- An 11-year-old was kidnapped and held for ransom after a man broke into his home.
Kern County sheriff's deputies said that about 9:50 a.m. Friday, they received a call regarding a possible kidnapping in the 9900 block of Columbine Ave. in Lamont.
Deputies said they spoke with a woman who said she had left for work at about 6 a.m. and had left her 11-year-old son and 2-year-old home alone.
At about 9:10 a.m., deputies said she received a call on her cellphone from a man while she was at work.
The Hispanic male told her he had kidnapped her 11-year-old son from their home and demanded a ransom for his return. The man also told her if she contacted law enforcement he would harm her son, deputies said.
The woman then drove home and found her 2-year-old child was home alone and her 11-year-old was missing, deputies said.
Deputies said they began searching the area and were able to locate a witness who said they had watched the 11-year-old boy leaving the home with an Hispanic man in a brown compact 4-door vehicle.
Additional deputies and specialized units from the sheriff’s office ,including special operations, the gang suppression unit, SWAT, major violators and air support, began assisting in the investigation.
In addition, agents from the FBI also came to the Lamont area to assist.
While the investigation was ongoing, the man called the 11-year-old's mother several times on her cellphone demanding ransom for the return of her son, deputies said.
Deputies were able to trace the calls from the man to several convenience store pay phones in the Lamont and Arvin area.
Shortly before 5 p.m., deputies said the man phoned the 11-year-old's mother and again demand a ransom.
During the phone call, deputies said they were able to trace the call to the Barn Market in the 11300 block of South Comanche in Lamont.
SWAT team members in the area were able to respond to the market and located the suspect who was at the pay phone still speaking to the 11-year-old's mother.
The SWAT team was then able to take the man into custody without incident. The 11-year-old was located in the man's vehicle parked in the parking lot of the market.
The man was identified as 28-year-old Pablo Silva Casimiro of Lamont.
He was arrested on charges of kidnapping for ransom and burglary.
The 11-year-old was returned to his mother. He was unharmed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sassieroses For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, kellyhound, Sharon, Xfactor
Old 11-14-2011, 08:43 PM
blue devil
Offline:
on the outside looking in
Poster Rank:222
male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3966
Re: 11 Year Old Kidnapped and Held Hostage

Hope they lock his ass up for a long time.

daughterofthenight, kellyhound
Old 11-15-2011, 08:23 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61186

hope he gets life.

<****** width='560' height='315' seamless='seamless' src='http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/133850323.html?embed' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></******>

Quote:
The mother of a kidnapped Lamont boy relied on faith to carry her through the eight fearful hours on Friday while her son was held captive by a stranger who threatened to kill him.

Speaking in the living room of her apartment Monday, the woman, who did not wish to give her name, told The Californian that her evangelical faith guided her through the tumultuous day until her 11-year-old son came home.

On a day when the Kern County Sheriff's Department revealed more details on how the case was solved, the mother recounted publicly for the first time all the circumstances of the kidnapping.

The woman, originally from Guatemala, has lived in Lamont for 13 years. She said nothing like this has happened in the neighborhood where she has lived in an apartment on the 9900 block of Columbine Street for nine years. She and her husband, the boy's stepfather, work in the fields and make just enough money for the family to live comfortably, she said. Which leaves her wondering why they would be targeted for a kidnapping plot.

"I have enough for the us to live well, but that's it. I didn't have the money (for a ransom)," she said.

On Friday morning, she left for work at 6 a.m, her 11-year-old son and 3-year-old son still sleeping. Her older son had the day off school for Veterans Day and had stayed up all night watching television. His mother expected the boys to sleep through the morning, so she'd ask a babysitter to come at 9:30 a.m.

She said her older son awoke to a knock at the front door at about 9 a.m. When he answered the door, a man standing outside said he had heard there was a room for rent. The boy tried to close the door, but the man busted into the house brandishing a gun, the woman said.

The intruder took $16 from the mother's room and then left the house with the older boy. He got the mother's cellphone from the boy and called her, saying he had trashed her home and taken her son. He threatened to kill the child if she didn't give him money.

The woman said she hurried home, only to find that the apartment was in order and her younger son was watching TV. She called for help.

The Kern County Sheriff's Department came to the woman's aid with the help of several sheriff's special units and FBI agents. The mother said the man called her five times throughout the day. The calls were traced to convenience store pay phones in the Lamont and Arvin area.

"I spent all day crying. I thought he would kill me too for some reason," the mother said. "But at the same time I believed it would be OK."

Shortly before 5 p.m., the man called again demanding ransom. The call was traced to the Barn Market on South Comanche Drive. SWAT team members found Pablo Silva Casimiro, 28, talking on the phone at the market, the boy still in his car, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Casimiro was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping for ransom, first degree robbery and willful cruelty to a child, all felonies, and is being held at the Central Receiving Facility. He is in the country illegally and is also being held without bail on an immigration hold.

The boy came home scared but unharmed. His mother said he told her the kidnapper kept him in the car the whole day, covering him with a blanket so no one would see him.

The woman said her family did not know Casimiro. But once he was home again, her son told her that he had seen Casimiro in his car following him as he walked to and from school the two days before the kidnapping.

"The suspect did live about two blocks from the (boy)," Kern County Sheriff's spokesman Ray Pruitt said. "We don't know why he targeted" the boy.

The mother said things are back to normal at their home, where toy cars and soccer balls dotted the floor Monday and her son's elementary school accolades adorned a wall. The boy went to school Monday and his principal told his mother he had a good day.

Still, the kidnapping has lingering effects. The woman kept her son inside all weekend. She drove him to a friend's house Monday afternoon, but told him to play inside.

"I want to forget, but it's hard," she said. "I'm good now. I will be more watchful."

She said she had been sustained during the ordeal by faith that her son would not be harmed. Faith that Kern County Sheriff's deputies would do their jobs well. Faith that God would make sure her child was returned home safe.

"I put my faith in Him," she said. "God does miracles at times when you need it the most."

Though her sons seem fine and play as if nothing happened, she is planning to seek counseling for herself and her older son. In the past, she left the children home alone when she went to the store for 10 minutes.

"Now, I won't leave them for nothing," she said

Old 11-15-2011, 08:58 PM
prax22a
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:942
dude

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss470

Fucking beaner fuckface

Old 11-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss10967

Quote:
Originally Posted by prax22a View Post
Fucking beaner fuckface
Most kids that are kidnaped never live to tell the story. I think he knew the mother.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 PM
prax22a
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:942
dude

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
Most kids that are kidnaped never live to tell the story. I think he knew the mother.
Betcha he did, too.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

you guys are just guessing. just because people are mexican doesn't mean that they ALL know each other.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daughterofthenight For This Useful Post:
kandystar, Sharon
Old 11-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss51379

Lucky the boy was found.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 11-19-2011, 02:49 AM
kandystar
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:277
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Unharmed or not, just think of the psychological trauma that kid is going to face now.

The Following User Says Thank You to kandystar For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528

My mind went into a completely different direction. I thought the 11 year old went to meet a friend and forgot about the baby, but, I'm glad it still had a happy ending and the boy did come home :)