Go Back  

100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #61  
Old 10-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Yep. Total utter bs. You know how many Billions of dollars have been pumped into Haiti since that earthquake? Enough to pay the average yearly salary of every single Haitian. If you subtract the children it's enough to pay 3 years salary to every Haitian.

Point is. We've done enough. More than enough. Why do you want people who won't help themselves?
They already have been approved to come here, the only change is it's happening early.

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Zambini's Avatar
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Join Date: Jun 2011
Contributions: 3
 
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17005
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
All those people have ALREADY been approved to gain entry to the US in 2015, these people are coming regardless. They are the ones who obviously have ambition of those who live in Haiti, because they are the ones looking to better their lives aka best and brightest.

No everyone in those figures are actively seeking ANY employment, so it likely will never be 0. However if jobs were to keep increasing at this rate, it could be statistically possible.
All conjecture on your part, the fact is they didn't work in Haiti and there's no jobs for them here, Obamas playing politics by executive order

__________________
I'm changing my signature
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
Meaning what?

You don't care about the 9 million or the teenagers, you would rather have your own shipped in by executive order, that's what.
Those 9 million should stop being fuckups and get a job even if they don't like what it is..

These people are the ambitious ones looking to get work, not be in the system. Fact is, they already have been approved so crying about them coming early does nothing.

Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
All conjecture on your part, the fact is they didn't work in Haiti and there's no jobs for them here, Obamas playing politics by executive order
They would already be in this country by the time the next election happens, so that theory doesn't hold weight.

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-21-2014, 09:05 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
According to the official Senate statistics, since 2007, there have been 527 cloture motions filed. Regardless it has really nothing to do with this debate.
You're the one who brought it up. And a cloture motion is not a filibustered.

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-21-2014, 09:07 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
They already have been approved to come here, the only change is it's happening early.
I realize Obama already approved this action. That doesn't make it right.

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-21-2014, 09:11 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
All those people have ALREADY been approved to gain entry to the US in 2015, these people are coming regardless. They are the ones who obviously have ambition of those who live in Haiti, because they are the ones looking to better their lives aka best and brightest.

No everyone in those figures are actively seeking ANY employment, so it likely will never be 0. However if jobs were to keep increasing at this rate, it could be statistically possible.
So you are insinuating that because people want to come to America they are ambitious intelligent people?
Or they know we have government programs that will give them more for free than they would ever get in Haiti.

Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I realize Obama already approved this action. That doesn't make it right.
Those 100,000 people are already in the pipeline to get residency status, big bad Obama changed nothing but getting them here early.

Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
So you are insinuating that because people want to come to America they are ambitious intelligent people?
Or they know we have government programs that will give them more for free than they would ever get in Haiti.
These people would be here legally in 2015 with or without Obama's order.. They were already approved.

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You're the one who brought it up. And a cloture motion is not a filibustered.
It's the start of a filibuster, whether the action ends up eventually getting voted on is another story.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO