Go Back  

100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #361  
Old 11-15-2014, 07:39 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
It doesn't matter what the reason they got that arrest was, you're obviously the idiot missing the point. Regardless of ANYTHING ELSE when the same amount of whites smoke as blacks, and blacks are arrested for it 4 times more there is a reason.
Mmhmm. So you're admitting there's an idiot..

Everything that comes into play matters. You can't just dismiss all the statistics you don't want to use because it takes away from your point.

Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 11-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Mmhmm. So you're admitting there's an idiot..

Everything that comes into play matters. You can't just dismiss all the statistics you don't want to use because it takes away from your point.
What "statistics" am I dismissing?

You're denser than a brick.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
winvens
  #363  
Old 11-16-2014, 07:20 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

The usual statistics you dismiss. Whatever statistics that don't fit your views of course.

Are you afraid your comments have little merit? Is that why you feel the need to attack someone else? Does it make you feel better?

Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 11-16-2014, 10:42 PM
hal0mega's Avatar
hal0mega
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404
Join Date: Feb 2009
 
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

The amount of facepalms in this thread has kind of made them loose meaning

Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hal0mega For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo, niknik, rob666, winvens
  #365  
Old 11-17-2014, 12:05 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
12.61% is not 1/3(33.3%)..
Exactly. So it's even worse isn't it. But as usual you concentrate on being a insulting twit rather than contributing to the conversation.

Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 11-17-2014, 12:29 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4584 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
10/11 ssss11734
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I understand you gripe with using graphs to mislead. It can easily be done through manipulation of variables or dates. They can also be used supporting an argument in varying degrees of truthful representation of the actual statistics. I'm not trying to pretend those graphs prove police are racist and profile every black. But the numbers can show the fact that with marijuana arrests alone blacks are arrested at a higher rate. It could be due to multiple reasons but we all know they are profiled to an extent, the full extent we don't truly know.
So, would it not be realistic to think perhaps police profiling that isn't directed at blacks alone, but other motives, could possibly balance the numbers a bit? Maybe not fully of course, but enough that the issue is less impacted?

I mean, i'm sure our resident copper 30564U can tell you of some profiling tips the police have that has entirely nothing to do with race. Years ago when I was doing "ride alongs" when I was in a phase of thinking I wanted to be an deputy. My cousin (whom i was with) could pull in behind a car, and pretty much list off things that he will find wrong before even running anything, or searching

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 11-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Exactly. So it's even worse isn't it. But as usual you concentrate on being a insulting twit rather than contributing to the conversation.
I'm being a twit because you don't know your 2nd grade fractions?

Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 11-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
So, would it not be realistic to think perhaps police profiling that isn't directed at blacks alone, but other motives, could possibly balance the numbers a bit? Maybe not fully of course, but enough that the issue is less impacted?

I mean, i'm sure our resident copper 30564U can tell you of some profiling tips the police have that has entirely nothing to do with race. Years ago when I was doing "ride alongs" when I was in a phase of thinking I wanted to be an deputy. My cousin (whom i was with) could pull in behind a car, and pretty much list off things that he will find wrong before even running anything, or searching
I couldn't really speculate on the full extent as I said before. All I have to go on is the raw data, and that is where I draw my conclusions from.

I do know from personal experiences, friends of mine whether black or Mexican had much different experiences with police in the exact same situations. It's not just minorities whining about how "the man" is always oppressing just them. In identical situations I've been told, "Just wait around a little bit guys and head home." while friends of mine have been searched and sent to jail for the EXACT same thing.

Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 11-18-2014, 08:40 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I'm being a twit because you don't know your 2nd grade fractions?
Pretty much. Except you're not being, you are. You can't handle a simple discussion.

Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 11-18-2014, 08:43 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I couldn't really speculate on the full extent as I said before. All I have to go on is the raw data, and that is where I draw my conclusions from.

I do know from personal experiences, friends of mine whether black or Mexican had much different experiences with police in the exact same situations. It's not just minorities whining about how "the man" is always oppressing just them. In identical situations I've been told, "Just wait around a little bit guys and head home." while friends of mine have been searched and sent to jail for the EXACT same thing.
You seem conflicted about where you draw your conclusions.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO