Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You said it. "people" said it was fake. You're taking it upon yourself to tie that to Rove. Without any proof. There's always people out there that say shit. It wasn't a campaign strategy of McCain or Romney to portray Obama's birth certificate as fake. And you really can't blame people for being skeptical of his birth place. You certainly can't compare him to other Presidents in that no other modern Presidents claimed to be born elsewhere.

But Obama did. This pamphlet was distributed with information he gave in the early nineties. So stop pretending like the skepticism came out of nowhere.
"People" within the Republican Party openly questioned Obamas birth certificate.

It was a typical underhanded tactic, no different than when rove allegedly started the rumour that McCain had a black daughter to discredit him.

Not to mention how many other things that says about the party that having a black daughter is a negative thing

Old 11-07-2014, 01:25 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
They do, I had a client that left the TV on MSNBC all the time, they refused to watch anything else. If per chance a discussion came up with politics, she would refer to something her favorite commentator said.

Ive seen religious freaks be like this with their favorite preachers.
It's funny that you make the analogy to preachers, because when glen beck goes off this is exactly what he reminds me of......... It truly is a sermon.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:27 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Same applies for all the networks. Fox is just the lone conservative news source on television. If they had their heads stuck up Obama's ass you wouldn't be so critical of them.
How convenient you ignore that I also mentioned msnbc as equally biased.

Then again, maybe you can tell us, do you feel that everything OTHER than Fox is a left leaning outlet?

Old 11-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
If course he's a American. To be president the Constitution says you must be a natural born citizen, not just a citizen.

We may find out just how hypocritical some Democrats and Republicans are. If Ted Cruz runs, he of course was born in Canada to a American mother. Which gave him citizenship at birth. But I have a feeling if he runs his citizenship will be a issue for some.

The Constitution has this requirement so our president isn't loyal to another country. And isn't influenced by his or her life living abroad.
"The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth," either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth." Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen."

In other words, "If you have citizenship at birth, you're considered a natural born US citizen regardless of location."

Even though Obama was born in Hawaii and this doesn't apply to him, technically Ted Cruz could run..

Old 11-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Well that to me is just clear indications that the networks push their opinions to the max, even go as far as to attempt discrediting everyone else s that doesn't agree with theirs.

Just proves they are no different than that of us on these forums.

In the media industryit makes sense to attempt swaying the opinion of an opposed opinion, for the sake of ratings.

Commentators are in this for the career, make huge bucks to sit up there and talk shit. I'm not even confident many of them fully believe, or even live by the standards their opinions would suggest.
I can completely agree but only to an extent. Reason being, Niks comment about the left leaning networks wasn't entirely true. They didn't attack Bush or Republicans in general at even a fraction of the level of Fox News. There were definitely bias newscasters that pointed out major mistakes, but never every single thing they possibly could. It's on a completely different level.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 11-07-2014, 10:35 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Fox and msnbc are in a different class in terms of "news"........ When the commentators outnumber the hard news people, it's not a news channel anymore.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:03 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
"People" within the Republican Party openly questioned Obamas birth certificate.

It was a typical underhanded tactic, no different than when rove allegedly started the rumour that McCain had a black daughter to discredit him.

Not to mention how many other things that says about the party that having a black daughter is a negative thing
Wow. True liberal you are. Using racism That's pathetic.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:06 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
"The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth," either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth." Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen."

In other words, "If you have citizenship at birth, you're considered a natural born US citizen regardless of location."

Even though Obama was born in Hawaii and this doesn't apply to him, technically Ted Cruz could run..
Nice Wikipedia rip.

I know Cruz can run. That wasn't my point, my point being if he does run, and looks to have a good chance of winning. I'll bet you that there will be liberal groups challenging his citizenship.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:17 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I can completely agree but only to an extent. Reason being, Niks comment about the left leaning networks wasn't entirely true. They didn't attack Bush or Republicans in general at even a fraction of the level of Fox News. There were definitely bias newscasters that pointed out major mistakes, but never every single thing they possibly could. It's on a completely different level.
Unbelievable lol

Fox is one network. Bush had 3 that were at his throat everyday. 5 all together who never missed a chance to criticize his every move.

A perfect example of this is the debt limit increase. You can't deny with any credibility the extreme bias carried out by the 5 other networks involving the debt limit debate. They hammered the Republicans for wanting to raise the debt limit. When the same debate came again under Obama, they hammered the Republicans for not wanting to raise the debt limit. Same exact issue, and those networks held ranks with a party, not with a issue.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:39 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Fox and msnbc are in a different class in terms of "news"........ When the commentators outnumber the hard news people, it's not a news channel anymore.
Wrong. Fox is more in line with CNN. MSNBC is in its own league. It's not even a news source really. In fact MSNBC seems to only exist to keep racism in the news, and to attack Fox news. Look at the guest MSNBC has to debate issues. they hardly ever have someone who represents the other side. They'll have 4 guests on to discuss a political topic. 3 of which are always liberal, and the one lone "conservative" voice is nothing more than a willing punching bag. It's a network of activists.
All the ugliness in the Democrat party is represented on MSNBC.

But as a liberal yourself, you have your bias. Fox is a conservative news outlet. All the rest of the major networks represent varying degrees of the liberal news. You'd like to see Fox conform to being just another liberal news network, that way liberal agenda could just be marketed without opposition.

If a Fox commentator says something cnn or MSNBC thinks is wrong they put it on the air. When has cnn put something from a liberal network on the air when it's false? Probably never.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By niknik:
rob666