Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I find it troubling when a commentary channel such as fox gets the highest ratings
I really think the majority of it's viewers fail to see the commentary aspect, and take it as gospel.

Same applies to msnbc.
They do, I had a client that left the TV on MSNBC all the time, they refused to watch anything else. If per chance a discussion came up with politics, she would refer to something her favorite commentator said.

Ive seen religious freaks be like this with their favorite preachers.

Mr Poo, rob666
Old 11-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
They do, I had a client that left the TV on MSNBC all the time, they refused to watch anything else. If per chance a discussion came up with politics, she would refer to something her favorite commentator said.

Ive seen religious freaks be like this with their favorite preachers.
More than any other subsection, I've found Fox News watching Republicans by far do it the most.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
rob666, winvens
Old 11-06-2014, 11:01 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
He produced the birth certificate, and people said it was a fake it was the same as every other certificate issued in Hawaii during that time period.

Then, despite the republican governor of Hawaii vying to the authenticity of the first one, he produced the long form version..... And STILL, people doubt it's authenticity.

How many other presidents had to deal with something like this? It's just a classic move out of the rove/Atwater play book.
You said it. "people" said it was fake. You're taking it upon yourself to tie that to Rove. Without any proof. There's always people out there that say shit. It wasn't a campaign strategy of McCain or Romney to portray Obama's birth certificate as fake. And you really can't blame people for being skeptical of his birth place. You certainly can't compare him to other Presidents in that no other modern Presidents claimed to be born elsewhere.

But Obama did. This pamphlet was distributed with information he gave in the early nineties. So stop pretending like the skepticism came out of nowhere.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
AE2113BE67D84D089015B1590922AA96.png  

Old 11-06-2014, 11:03 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
More than any other subsection, I've found Fox News watching Republicans by far do it the most.
Of course you do.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:09 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
I find it troubling when a commentary channel such as fox gets the highest ratings
I really think the majority of it's viewers fail to see the commentary aspect, and take it as gospel.

Same applies to msnbc.
Same applies for all the networks. Fox is just the lone conservative news source on television. If they had their heads stuck up Obama's ass you wouldn't be so critical of them.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You said it. "people" said it was fake. You're taking it upon yourself to tie that to Rove. Without any proof. There's always people out there that say shit. It wasn't a campaign strategy of McCain or Romney to portray Obama's birth certificate as fake. And you really can't blame people for being skeptical of his birth place. You certainly can't compare him to other Presidents in that no other modern Presidents claimed to be born elsewhere.

But Obama did. This pamphlet was distributed with information he gave in the early nineties. So stop pretending like the skepticism came out of nowhere.
Even if he WAS born in Kenya he could still technically be a US citizen..

"A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met. The child’s parents should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (CRBA) to document that the child is a U.S. citizen. If the U.S. embassy or consulate determines that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, a consular officer will approve the CRBA application and the Department of State will issue a CRBA, also called a Form FS-240, in the child’s name."

Old 11-07-2014, 09:27 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

Quote:
I find them both equally free thinking challenged. Most people that rely on a single news source, or a particular commentator are typically those that need to be spoon fed confirmation of their belief, or too confirm their belief is right.

Commentators are no different than us here on the forums, they read a news feed, and they broadcast their opinions. It caters to those viewers out their that can't form one for themselves, so its is easier to just cite the opinions of their favorite commentator.

And SOME people are only watching what helps feed their own personal feelings at the time of presidential's term. Prime example is Fox's rating in the past couple of years has sky rocketed namely because of the Hate on, Americans developed over the president. Same thing happened with MSNBC commentator programs during Bush's era.

Mr Poo, rob666
Old 11-07-2014, 11:18 AM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Even if he WAS born in Kenya he could still technically be a US citizen..

"A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met. The child’s parents should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (CRBA) to document that the child is a U.S. citizen. If the U.S. embassy or consulate determines that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, a consular officer will approve the CRBA application and the Department of State will issue a CRBA, also called a Form FS-240, in the child’s name."
If course he's a American. To be president the Constitution says you must be a natural born citizen, not just a citizen.

We may find out just how hypocritical some Democrats and Republicans are. If Ted Cruz runs, he of course was born in Canada to a American mother. Which gave him citizenship at birth. But I have a feeling if he runs his citizenship will be a issue for some.

The Constitution has this requirement so our president isn't loyal to another country. And isn't influenced by his or her life living abroad.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:22 AM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I find them both equally free thinking challenged. Most people that rely on a single news source, or a particular commentator are typically those that need to be spoon fed confirmation of their belief, or too confirm their belief is right.

Commentators are no different than us here on the forums, they read a news feed, and they broadcast their opinions. It caters to those viewers out their that can't form one for themselves, so its is easier to just cite the opinions of their favorite commentator.

And SOME people are only watching what helps feed their own personal feelings at the time of presidential's term. Prime example is Fox's rating in the past couple of years has sky rocketed namely because of the Hate on, Americans developed over the president. Same thing happened with MSNBC commentator programs during Bush's era.
I find it amusing that networks like CBS and MSNBC spent 8 years going after Bush on a daily basis. Then when Obama comes to office those networks practically campaigned for him. And even go after Fox with cheap shots for doing exactly what they themselves started.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:31 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I find it amusing that networks like CBS and MSNBC spent 8 years going after Bush on a daily basis. Then when Obama comes to office those networks practically campaigned for him. And even go after Fox with cheap shots for doing exactly what they themselves started.
Well that to me is just clear indications that the networks push their opinions to the max, even go as far as to attempt discrediting everyone else s that doesn't agree with theirs.

Just proves they are no different than that of us on these forums.

In the media industryit makes sense to attempt swaying the opinion of an opposed opinion, for the sake of ratings.

Commentators are in this for the career, make huge bucks to sit up there and talk shit. I'm not even confident many of them fully believe, or even live by the standards their opinions would suggest.

niknik