Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You know what's stupid? The Democrat party went after any Republican that said anything that they could portray as even remotely insensitive towards blacks. All the while knowingly having a fucking klan leader in their party. A senior member no less.
That's a example of how I see the Democrat party. The right is far from perfect as well, but the left is far more dubious, far more conniving, and far more hypocritical.
I'm not saying the right doesn't also have these disgusting traits. Just that the left owns the patent.
The Republican Party took dirty campaigning to a whole new level, and unfortunately it works.
So the choice is either play at least as dirty, or get rolled over by the likes of lee Atwater or Karl rove.

And no democratic strategist has ever come close to that level of ruthlessness.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo, nyazzip, winvens
Old 10-31-2014, 06:40 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Nah. The right doesn't use race as a weapon. The left does. The right doesn't doesn't call people racist while holding the hand of a klan member. The left has. The right doesn't try and fool voters by running Republicans as Independents, the left does.

100% of your criticism is aimed directly at Republicans. Never the Democrats. So again I have to call you full of shit. Someone who only listens to Jon Stewart will not only never see things for what they are, but will live life a ignorant parrot.
As I've told you multiple times, I get my news from both right, left and centrally tilted sources. For you to constantly defend the right regardless of the topic shows you're close-mindedness.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:50 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
The Republican Party took dirty campaigning to a whole new level, and unfortunately it works.
So the choice is either play at least as dirty, or get rolled over by the likes of lee Atwater or Karl rove.

And no democratic strategist has ever come close to that level of ruthlessness.
I call bullshit on that. You live in fucking Canada dude. You don't hear all the radio and television adds. You know of the one's your liberal media outlet tell you about. Your statement that Democrats just reluctantly go along with misleading and outright lies in campaigning is hilarious. I thought you was smarter than that.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:56 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
As I've told you multiple times, I get my news from both right, left and centrally tilted sources. For you to constantly defend the right regardless of the topic shows you're close-mindedness.
At least when I defend a Republican policy, I do so by not changing the subject to something the left did that's totally unrelated. At least when I defend a Republican political position I know what I'm talking about, not just searching Google for talking points. At least I don't say I'm a independent and show nothing but total allegiance to one party.

I don't care what you say. Jon Stewart is your favorite news source. Which tells me all I need to know about the level you operate at.

Old 11-01-2014, 04:56 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
I call bullshit on that. You live in fucking Canada dude. You don't hear all the radio and television ads.
Actually, we do. This is why we're so interested in U.S. politics.

The Following User Says Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 11-01-2014, 05:10 PM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21602 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Take a look at Hitlers policies after he gained total control through legislation very similar to the patriot act.. They match Republican policies EXACTLY.
Also they're gassing Jews and invading Canada.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
niknik
Old 11-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
Also they're gassing Jews and invading Canada.
If Sarah Palin or McCain took office, does that seem so far off?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 11-01-2014, 09:27 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
I call bullshit on that. You live in fucking Canada dude. You don't hear all the radio and television adds. You know of the one's your liberal media outlet tell you about. Your statement that Democrats just reluctantly go along with misleading and outright lies in campaigning is hilarious. I thought you was smarter than that.
Obviously you've never been to Canada. We get the same tv channels you do, same news stations etc etc.

The "swift boat" incident, the "willie Horton" incident, I'm not aware of any campaign strategy employed by the democrats that even comes close to this level of greasiness.

IMHO dirty campaigning has been escalating because it works. And yeah, the republicans have both pioneered and perfected it.
Lee Atwater and Karl Rove have no equals.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 11-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Obviously you've never been to Canada. We get the same tv channels you do, same news stations etc etc.

The "swift boat" incident, the "willie Horton" incident, I'm not aware of any campaign strategy employed by the democrats that even comes close to this level of greasiness.

IMHO dirty campaigning has been escalating because it works. And yeah, the republicans have both pioneered and perfected it.
Lee Atwater and Karl Rove have no equals.
Want to know about what started dirty campaigning? Go back to the start...

Quote:
Negative campaigning in America was sired by two lifelong friends, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Back in 1776, the dynamic duo combined powers to help claim America's independence, and they had nothing but love and respect for one another. But by 1800, party politics had so distanced the pair that, for the first and last time in U.S. history, a president found himself running against his vice president.
Despite their bruising campaign, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams became friends again.

Things got ugly fast. Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

As the slurs piled on, Adams was labeled a fool, a hypocrite, a criminal, and a tyrant, while Jefferson was branded a weakling, an atheist, a libertine, and a coward.

Even Martha Washington succumbed to the propaganda, telling a clergyman that Jefferson was "one of the most detestable of mankind."

Back then, presidential candidates didn't actively campaign. In fact, Adams and Jefferson spent much of the election season at their respective homes in Massachusetts and Virginia.

But the key difference between the two politicians was that Jefferson hired a hatchet man named James Callendar to do his smearing for him. Adams, on the other hand, considered himself above such tactics. To Jefferson's credit, Callendar proved incredibly effective, convincing many Americans that Adams desperately wanted to attack France. Although the claim was completely untrue, voters bought it, and Jefferson stole the election.

Jefferson paid a price for his dirty campaign tactics, though. Callendar served jail time for the slander he wrote about Adams, and when he emerged from prison in 1801, he felt Jefferson still owed him.

After Jefferson did little to appease him, Callendar broke a story in 1802 that had only been a rumor until then -- that the President was having an affair with one of his slaves, Sally Hemings. In a series of articles, Callendar claimed that Jefferson had lived with Hemings in France and that she had given birth to five of his children.

The story plagued Jefferson for the rest of his career. And although generations of historians shrugged off the story as part of Callendar's propaganda, DNA testing in 1998 showed a link between Hemings' descendents and the Jefferson family.

Just as truth persists, however, so does friendship. Twelve years after the vicious election of 1800, Adams and Jefferson began writing letters to each other and became friends again. They remained pen pals for the rest of their lives and passed away on the same day, July 4, 1826. It was the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
nyazzip
Old 11-02-2014, 02:28 AM
nyazzip
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:113

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5360 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8831

Quote:
But seriously; Obama is the worst President ever!
really? thanks for proving that you are an abject idiot. i suppose you are too young to be able to grasp what an absolute clusterfuck shambles the guy inherited.....courtesy of Dubya and Co.

The Following User Says Thank You to nyazzip For This Useful Post:
winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By nyazzip:
niknik