Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: 100,000 Haitians to Be Allowed into the States Under Obama Executive Order

No it doesn't. It wasn't a news article. It said under law this is what a visa means. You want to argue a government site is contradicting itself in the next paragraph.
I'm telling you its not, you just don't understand what you're reading.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
No it doesn't. It wasn't a news article. It said under law this is what a visa means. You want to argue a government site is contradicting itself in the next paragraph.
I'm telling you its not, you just don't understand what you're reading.
It explains that even though a person's visa application does get accepted, it doesn't guarantee entry to the US. They must meet all criteria and pass all inspections.

If you want to read about how a visa works, check out the actual government website about it. Not an offshoot of the Haitian sub-site.

"Having a U.S. visa allows you to travel to a port of entry, airport or land border crossing, and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) inspector to enter the United States. While having a visa does not guarantee entry to the United States, it does indicate a consular officer at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad has determined you are eligible to seek entry for that specific purpose. DHS/CBP inspectors, guardians of the nation’s borders, are responsible for admission of travelers to the United States, for a specified status and period of time. DHS also has responsibility for immigration matters while you are present in the United States."

http://travel.state.gov/content/visa...-u-s-visa.html

Old 10-23-2014, 06:58 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

I know how visas work.. I have used them personally.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:02 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

It's funny Poo how you just look up information and post it here like you've known it for years.

In your haste to counter my opinions or facts you post information that doesn't even prove what you think it does.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
It's funny Poo how you just look up information and post it here like you've known it for years.

In your haste to counter my opinions or facts you post information that doesn't even prove what you think it does.
I've already told you, my coworker has a Filipino wife that is in the process of getting her family legally immigrated here. So, yes I am already aware of the process.

If you can't understand why I posted the rest of the statement, go look up the word context. It is useful when explaining thing.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:03 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Oh. So once you put the laws into context, then you understand the laws don't mean what they clearly say.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Oh. So once you put the laws into context, then you understand the laws don't mean what they clearly say.

For the last time, once an applicant is accepted that alone doesn't guarantee entry. All requirements must be satisfied before the visa is processed and entry is granted.

Quote:
The First Step toward an Immigrant Visa(Family-based): Filing a Petition

As the first step, a sponsoring relative must file a Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

In certain circumstances, a U.S. citizen living abroad can file an immigrant visa petition outside the United States. Review Filing Immigrant Petitions Outside the United States to learn more.

Next Steps - Fees, Affidavit of Support, and Visa Application

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). Once received, the NVC will assign a case number for the petition. For family preference immigrant visa cases, when an applicant’s priority date meets the most recent qualifying date, the NVC will instruct the applicant to complete Form DS-261, Choice of Address and Agent. (NOTE: If you already have an attorney, the NVC will not instruct you to complete Form DS-261.) The NVC will begin pre-processing the applicant’s case by providing the applicant and petitioner with instructions to submit the appropriate fees. After the appropriate fees are paid, the NVC will request that the applicant submit the necessary immigrant visa documents, including the Affidavit of Support, application forms, civil documents, and more. Learn more about National Visa Center visa case processing.

Required Documentation

In general, the following documents are required:

Passport(s) valid for 60 days beyond the expiration date printed on the immigrant visa
Affidavit of Support (Form I-864, I-864A, I-864 EZ, or I-864W, as appropriate) from the petitioner/U.S. sponsor
Form DS-260, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application.
Preview a sample DS-260 (6.4MB).
Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements.
Civil Documents for the applicant (and petitioner in IR-5 and F4 cases). See Documents the Applicant Must Submit for more specific information about documentation requirements, including information on which documents may need to be translated. The consular officer may ask for more information during your visa interview. If not already submitted to the NVC, bring clear, legible photocopies of civil documents, such as birth and marriage certificates, and any required translations to your immigrant visa interview. Original documents and translations can then be returned to you.
Completed Medical Examination Forms – These are provided by the panel physician after you have completed your medical examination and vaccinations.

Visa Interview

Once the NVC determines the file is complete with all the required documents, they schedule the applicant’s interview appointment. NVC then sends the file, containing the applicant’s petition and the documents listed above, to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where the applicant will be interviewed for a visa. The applicant, attorney, and third-party agent, if applicable, will receive appointment emails, or letters (if no email address is available), containing the date and time of the applicant's visa interview along with instructions, including guidance for obtaining a medical examination.

Each applicant should bring a valid passport to the interview, as well as any other documentation above not already provided to NVC. A consular officer will interview the applicant, and the consular officer will determine whether the applicant is eligible to receive an immigrant visa in accordance with U.S. immigration law. Ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken on the day of the interview. Generally, an applicant receives original civil documents and original translations back at the time of interview.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:48 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

So I was right. I knew that.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:50 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
So I was right. I knew that.
That is incorrect. I've already explained the process so anyone can understand. These 100,000 who have been in the system for years have been approved but still have to pass the interview process. Obama neither got them in the pipeline or is guaranteeing entry to applicants. So I don't get what your point is..

Old 10-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I've already told you, my coworker has a Filipino wife that is in the process of getting her family legally immigrated here. So, yes I am already aware of the process.

If you can't understand why I posted the rest of the statement, go look up the word context. It is useful when explaining thing.
He's a smart man, filipinas are good fucks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo, winvens