Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss535
Re: WTC: Kevin Cosgroves Fatal 911 Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billthegravedigger View Post
Thanks man. Most people wish I'd fuck off and die, so reading that was a bit different. You are not the only one that feels that way about the jumpers, I have been in a public setting and hear a conversation start up about them.

People would talk about how high up they were, and you would see them fall, but not impact the ground. They said it left an air of mystery about them, because there was no conclusion to draw, except that they died.

I usually keep quiet in times like that though, I don't know how to explain it exactly. Talking to people here that have seen horrible things, and understand that a human body can be shattered in a nano-second, it is somehow different.

When talking to someone in person, they try to read your face and eyes, like they are trying to read your soul. The truth is, I tear up in both eyes when I think about them. I'm a grown man, 34 years old, but I still get tore up thinking about those people.

Went to work to take care of their family, and and was dealt an unimaginable choice of fate. Death, or death. I have been up in some tall buildings, and I am TERRIFIED of heights.

Even so, I have burnt myself a few times as well. I have to say, remembering that pain of fire, as short as it was, sucked. I still have trouble trying to put myself up there, looking down at 100 % CERTAIN DEATH. They saw the people hit that jumped before them, and they saw them explode everywhere. Yet, the heat and smoke was still too much to deal with.

If you really sit and put yourself up there, think what was going through their minds, it can run you crazy..............but at least we have the option to remove ourselves from that situation if it becomes too uncomfortable.
Well said man.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsandman187 For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger
Old 05-22-2012, 03:31 AM
GanjaLoco
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:111
<3 My Girl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8923

Crazyness.. definitely chilling.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 AM
dandroid
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1739

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss185

Quote:
I still have trouble trying to put myself up there, looking down at 100 % CERTAIN DEATH. They saw the people hit that jumped before them, and they saw them explode everywhere. Yet, the heat and smoke was still too much to deal with.

If you really sit and put yourself up there, think what was going through their minds, it can run you crazy..............but at least we have the option to remove ourselves from that situation if it becomes too uncomfortable.
this is what i can't seem to get out of my head about that entire day

The Following User Says Thank You to dandroid For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger
Old 05-24-2012, 02:55 AM
dandroid
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1739

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss185

as far as cosgrove's call went...i think that it makes sense to be mad at being told help is on the way when it is becoming increasingly clear that death is inevitable...there wasn't a whole lot of time to go through the steps of acceptance...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dandroid For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, zsakulv2
Old 05-24-2012, 02:56 AM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

The smoke and heat pushed them out, basically. They chose what they thought was the lesser of two evils.
People were laying with their bodies half out broken windows. Shimmying more out when it got worse........and fell. You can tell not all of them meant to jump.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:45 AM
AndLG
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:866

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss537

fkd up stuff them calls...

Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 PM
RedneckR0nin
Offline:
goinggoingGONE
Poster Rank:14
I am a man yes I am and tell ya so

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 5369 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss44935
Quote:
Thanks man. Most people wish I'd fuck off and die, so reading that was a bit different. You are not the only one that feels that way about the jumpers, I have been in a public setting and hear a conversation start up about them.

People would talk about how high up they were, and you would see them fall, but not impact the ground. They said it left an air of mystery about them, because there was no conclusion to draw, except that they died.

I usually keep quiet in times like that though, I don't know how to explain it exactly. Talking to people here that have seen horrible things, and understand that a human body can be shattered in a nano-second, it is somehow different.

When talking to someone in person, they try to read your face and eyes, like they are trying to read your soul. The truth is, I tear up in both eyes when I think about them. I'm a grown man, 34 years old, but I still get tore up thinking about those people.

Went to work to take care of their family, and and was dealt an unimaginable choice of fate. Death, or death. I have been up in some tall buildings, and I am TERRIFIED of heights.

Even so, I have burnt myself a few times as well. I have to say, remembering that pain of fire, as short as it was, sucked. I still have trouble trying to put myself up there, looking down at 100 % CERTAIN DEATH. They saw the people hit that jumped before them, and they saw them explode everywhere. Yet, the heat and smoke was still too much to deal with.

Good post and yes I wish you would fuck off and die.

The Following User Says Thank You to RedneckR0nin For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger
The Following Users Disliked This Post By RedneckR0nin:
zsakulv2
Old 05-26-2012, 08:31 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:89
Male.

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckR0nin View Post
Good post and yes I wish you would fuck off and die.
As most do RnR. I don't take it personal, I have that effect on people about 90% of the time.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:968
Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454

This is why the American public need to see the pics of Osama bin Laden's corpse.You guys deserve that much.I don't know why Obama was such fucken pussy about that.
RIP victims.
Terrorists can suck a pig in hell.