Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689
Re: WTC: Kevin Cosgroves Fatal 911 Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandman187 View Post
He may have said have "god" blow the wind from the east" to be sarcastic. I have been in fighting positions / foxholes in afghan while getting rocketed. Ever heard of FOB L'wara? Anyways, not one time did I feel or ask for "gods" help. I am an atheist. So that phrase, "there are no atheist in the foxholes" is irrelevant. No facts behind that statements at all.

People say oh "god" for number of reasons, like when my GF and I are having sex. When she is about to cum she yells, OH MY GAWD. People use that phrase all the time. Either way, he was scared as fuck.....
Really ? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billthegravedigger For This Useful Post:
DeeMarieGK, mrsandman187
Old 05-18-2012, 03:50 PM
SpicyWeiner
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1276
Computer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss290

It's just retarded to build big ass buildings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpicyWeiner For This Useful Post:
mrsandman187, TwistedPrincess
Old 05-18-2012, 05:01 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyWeiner View Post
It's just retarded to build big ass buildings.
Actually, no it wasn't. It was an excellent idea.
There was no protocol for something like that.
The people that worked there, well they knew deep down it was coming. After 93, they knew the job would be finished.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:00 PM
shoottokill
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:208
roneluv

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4221

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckR0nin View Post
You all have to remember he's stuck on a 90 story floor. Can't breathe, can't really see, I'm sure he don't want to die, he's been in there from the beginning. Like a virus fear spreads from person to person quite easily. He's sitting there with other people that are probably just as scared shitless as he is.

I know most of you that facing death would be the utmost courteous and kind to the operator. Until any of us are put in a intensely hostile and frightening environment that you cannot escape...how bout giving the guy a fucking break maybe? Yeah he sounds rude and demanding. I won't ride the high horse and say I'd probably be that way too. He told his wife he left..he's probably thinking about her and his kids. I don't know about you but when I've made a dumbass mistake I tend to get snappy...more out of anger at myself but it directs to the closest thing to me sometimes....is that just? ..No...is it human? ...fucking rights it is...now think what he's thinking...that he never left the building when he told his wife he was going to. Now he's stuck on top of a huge fucking building that's burning , can't see can't breathe getting hot and burning your eyes and your feet and it's getting hotter and hotter.

"Thank you ma'am I was just inquiring to the prompt arrival of the firefighters and perhaps could I bother you to maybe make a inquiry on my behest to see when I can expect the time of arrival?"

Yeah right...give your fucking head a shake. Most of you cant be courteous in a fucking forum thread let alone to a operator when your almost certain your going to die.
you don't call the operator to be a bitch cunt to her, giving her attitude and sounding like a jackass knowing your gonna die... no, u call ur wife, ur loved one, ur kids, parents, mistress...dog, whatever. this cosgrove guy was a bitch. he treated everyone like shit i bet, so perhaps being in there taught him a permanent lesson not to fuck people over. he got fucked good and proper.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:89
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoottokill View Post
you don't call the operator to be a bitch cunt to her, giving her attitude and sounding like a jackass knowing your gonna die... no, u call ur wife, ur loved one, ur kids, parents, mistress...dog, whatever. this cosgrove guy was a bitch. he treated everyone like shit i bet, so perhaps being in there taught him a permanent lesson not to fuck people over. he got fucked good and proper.
So, you are going to judge the man's entire life based on a 5 minute phonecall where he is scared shitless ? I think he tried calling his wife, and got through to an answering machine.

He told her he was getting out because something hit the North Tower. However, he did not get out quick enough, and thought there was no escape because he had seen people jumping from the other tower.

Had he checked, there was one stairwell open, but I'd say he was pretty freaked out. You know a well as I that people do not always make the best choices under EXTREME STRESS.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billthegravedigger For This Useful Post:
Muertaluna, RaisinGirl, TwistedPrincess
Old 05-20-2012, 01:50 AM
mrsandman187
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:869
Contributions: 11

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billthegravedigger View Post
So, you are going to judge the man's entire life based on a 5 minute phonecall where he is scared shitless ? I think he tried calling his wife, and got through to an answering machine.

He told her he was getting out because something hit the North Tower. However, he did not get out quick enough, and thought there was no escape because he had seen people jumping from the other tower.

Had he checked, there was one stairwell open, but I'd say he was pretty freaked out. You know a well as I that people do not always make the best choices under EXTREME STRESS.
It's sad, he may have made it out if he sacked up and went to look for a way out. Me, I could have not sat still and wait for someone to come for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsandman187 For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger
Old 05-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandman187 View Post
It's sad, he may have made it out if he sacked up and went to look for a way out. Me, I could have not sat still and wait for someone to come for me.
I understand that. That "defend in place" has caused some major problems over the years, and it was understood at a much bigger level after 9/11.

I honestly have to say though, seeing person after person come down from that high up has had an impact on a lot of people. If nothing else, hopefuly we wont ever have a situation in which 10, let alone 200 jump from fire to explode everywhere on the concrete below.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:38 PM
the_thirdeye
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2605

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss98

Bill, I think you're one of my favorite posters on this site. You've seen some shit that has always fascinated me (the jumpers...I dunno, I can't help but be in awe of them for some reason), and yet you're a dude who shows respect and actually comes off as a very decent bloke through your posts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the_thirdeye For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, DeeMarieGK, deliverance_, TwistedPrincess
Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 PM
deliverance_
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:963
Male

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss457

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_thirdeye View Post
Bill, I think you're one of my favorite posters on this site. You've seen some shit that has always fascinated me (the jumpers...I dunno, I can't help but be in awe of them for some reason), and yet you're a dude who shows respect and actually comes off as a very decent bloke through your posts.
Definitely, Bill is a great contributor to the site. Refreshing to read from the usual crap comments "fuck yeah that bitch got fucked, up, stupid gorrilla cunt ".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deliverance_ For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, DeeMarieGK, mrsandman187, TwistedPrincess
Old 05-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Male.

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_thirdeye View Post
Thanks man. Most people wish I'd fuck off and die, so reading that was a bit different. You are not the only one that feels that way about the jumpers, I have been in a public setting and hear a conversation start up about them.

People would talk about how high up they were, and you would see them fall, but not impact the ground. They said it left an air of mystery about them, because there was no conclusion to draw, except that they died.

I usually keep quiet in times like that though, I don't know how to explain it exactly. Talking to people here that have seen horrible things, and understand that a human body can be shattered in a nano-second, it is somehow different.

When talking to someone in person, they try to read your face and eyes, like they are trying to read your soul. The truth is, I tear up in both eyes when I think about them. I'm a grown man, 34 years old, but I still get tore up thinking about those people.

Went to work to take care of their family, and and was dealt an unimaginable choice of fate. Death, or death. I have been up in some tall buildings, and I am TERRIFIED of heights.

Even so, I have burnt myself a few times as well. I have to say, remembering that pain of fire, as short as it was, sucked. I still have trouble trying to put myself up there, looking down at 100 % CERTAIN DEATH. They saw the people hit that jumped before them, and they saw them explode everywhere. Yet, the heat and smoke was still too much to deal with.

If you really sit and put yourself up there, think what was going through their minds, it can run you crazy..............but at least we have the option to remove ourselves from that situation if it becomes too uncomfortable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billthegravedigger For This Useful Post:
dandroid, deliverance_, mrsandman187