Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Wade Edwards 911 Call; Shot A Man Sleeping With His Daughter

An Apopka man is behind bars after shooting an 18-year-old he caught having sex with his 16-year-old stepdaughter. Wade Edwards, 41, was arrested and charged with second degree attempted murder.

Quote:
According to an Apopka Police report, officers responded to the Emerson Park subdivision off of Rafton Road shortly before 3 p.m. on Thursday, after two 911 calls were received reporting the shooting.

The second 911 call was placed by Edwards, who told the dispatcher that he had just shot someone inside his house. When officers arrived at the residence, they found victim Juilian Harp in the grass in front of the home.

The stepdaughter told police that the two were having consensual sex when her stepfather entered the room. She said Edwards left to retrieve a gun and shot at Harp as he was leaving. However, Edwards told police that Harp "pounced" at him, and because he did not know Harp, he was afraid and shot at him in self-defense.

Harp's injuries are non life-threatening and he is in stable condition at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Curtis Windom is upset about his younger brother having been shot Thursday afternoon. He probably would have killed him. Thats how I feel. He probably would have killed him. He could have handled it a different way... He should have called the police, said Windom.

Neighbors are shocked. "Honestly I couldnt believe it because I met Mr. Wade several times and hes pretty nice. So I just couldnt believe what happened, said Kim Pryor.

The step father claims it was self defense. He tells police when he got home, he saw the 18-year-old in his daughters room and felt threatened by him. However, police say both the victim and the witness say Harp had his hands up and was saying please dont shoot, please dont shoot and was making a motion towards leaving the home.

Attached Images

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp3 dad-shoots-teen.mp3(6.33 MB, 165 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin, kellyhound, Nanina, odiesmedley, XybertroniX
Old 08-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Viking64
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:5
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Quoted: 24600 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss70998
Re: Dad Shoots Teen Having Sex With Daughter

Holy shit, Kel!! That's your second 911 call on the outskirts of Orlando today. I'm getting all homesick. NOT!!!!

Old 08-20-2011, 03:29 PM
SunRobin
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6542

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss19

Am I the only one who probably would have given a smart-ass answer if the operator had asked "What was he shot by"...The first thing that came to mind was...um...a gun? But i realize its a legitimate question...Shotgun wounds are going to be very different then a .22 caliber handgun wound, still my mind always goes to smart-assery, even in serious situations.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SunRobin For This Useful Post:
Devourment, Jay Powers, Shelbeano ^-^
Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 AM
manic406
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1261
Male

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss293

i would have shot him to

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to manic406 For This Useful Post:
>< 0300, infantry ><, Calinip, indybob, Insideoutbodies, Nanina, Oberon, Shelbeano ^-^, umarstar, whitewolf583, Xfactor
The Following 3 Users Disliked manic406 For This Post:
iReallyShouldnt, Mr.Goodbar, SeaGrave
Old 09-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Lee
Offline:
All Seeing Eye
Poster Rank:153
Homosapien

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6245

Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 PM
jondwon
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2897

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss81

man that guy who called 911 was very calm

Old 09-13-2011, 03:27 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
10/11 ssss61215

Quote:
Police said Wade Edwards, 41, shot Harp four times below the belt after he came home to find him having sex with his teenage stepdaughter. Harp said within 10 seconds of being caught all he could hear was the father cocking his gun.

"As soon as I take a couple of steps down the stairs, he's shooting me," Harp said. "When he shot me the second time I took off running down the stairs."

Harp said he was hit with another bullet as he was running out of the house.

"When I take off running, that's when he shoots me in my rump," Harp said.

Harp said he screamed for help before he collapsed on the sidewalk in front of a neighbor who called 911.

"I can't tell if he's got his clothes on, his leg is covered in blood," a neighbor said.

"I was just lying there, I couldn't do nothing. My whole body was getting stiff, turning purple," Harp recalled.

Within minutes Harp was rushed to a hospital. Surgeons removed bullets from Harp's body. He is now recovering from his injuries.

Quote:
An Apopka man who shot his stepdaughter's boyfriend got immunity from prosecution. The defense argued Wednesday afternoon, that Wade Edwards should never have been charged for shooting the young man after he caught him having sex with his stepdaughter.

WFTV reporter Melonie Holt was in court Wednesday when both Edwards and his stepdaughter testified. According to prosecutors, Edwards acted out of anger. But the Apopka dad has maintained that he acted in defense of his home.

After court, Edwards told WFTV he was glad it is over.

Wednesday afternoon, 41-year-old Wade Edwards took the stand to avoid a trial. The Apopka father was charged with second-degree attempted murder, attempted manslaughter and aggravated battery for shooting his 16-year-old stepdaughter's love interest.

In October of 2009, Edwards heard a noise, entered his stepdaughter’s bedroom and witnessed what he thought was an assault. He returned with a gun.

“I was trying to defend my daughter and my home,” Edwards told WFTV.

Edwards testified that when he shot Julian Harp, he had no idea the teen had been invited by his daughter.

“I thought it looked like something was going on like having sex, my daughter getting raped or killed or something like that,” he said.

Edwards interrupted a lover's tryst. According to investigators, Julian Harp was hit in the lower back, buttocks and twice in his left leg.

Edward's stepdaughter took the stand in her stepdad's defense.

“Was the only look you saw on his face fear?” stepdaughter Shaquan Galloway was asked in court.

“Yes,” she answered.

“The victim was leaving as Mr. Edwards started shooting. So, it's not the fact that he shot the man in his house, it's why he shot him,” Assistant State Attorney Nicole Pegues said.

Edwards admitted to struggling with the shooting.

"Have you never shot anybody before?" Defense Attorney Peter Zies said.

"I never had to shoot anybody before this," Edwards replied.

"Was it something that upset you a great deal having to do what happened?” Zies asked.

"Still does," he answered.

Late Wednesday afternoon, Judge Tim Shea sided with Edwards effectively ending the prosecution.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Number5ive
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1223
Machine

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss311