Contributions: 20

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss17474
Saiqa Akhter, Calls 911 To Tell Them She Killed Her Kids

A Dallas-area mother, Saiqa Akhter, accused of fatally strangling her 2-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son with a wire told a 911 operator that she did so because they were autistic. The 30-year-old remains in jail on a capital murder charge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Saiqa-Akhter.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	448870

MPEG-1 layer 3 Audio Encoding »
You can stream the mp3 file in your browser, or download it below.
Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp3 TX%20Moms%20911%20Call%20I%20Killed%20Both%20My%20Children.mp3(1.17 MB, 2469 views)
Old 03-31-2015, 07:30 PM
rgrace7475
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:15435

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Re: Saiqa Akhter, Calls 911 To Tell Them She Killed Her Kids

DALLAS - A North Texas woman found guilty by reason of insanity of strangling her two children must remain at a state mental hospital for treatment unless a judge approves her discharge.

Saiqa Akhter, 34, killed her two special-needs children because she wanted "normal kids," the Dallas Morning News reported (http://bit.ly/1saGEqC ). The Irving woman's 5-year-old son, Zain, had severe speech problems and her 2-year-old daughter, Faryaal, was developmentally delayed, according to relatives.

Medical experts testified Monday that Akhter was diagnosed as schizophrenic and insane when her children were attacked and died in July 2010. She believed she was saving them, psychologist Kristi Compton said.

Akhter "a woman battling a mental illness that she grew up not understanding," Compton said.

Akhter told a 911 operator that she strangled the children because they were a burden, saying, "I want normal kids."

She had planned to kill her children weeks before she strangled them, special prosecutor Nancy Mulder said. Akhter had previously searched online how to kill children and what amount of bathroom cleaner is fatal.

"They don't drink it, so there's a wire there so I just grabbed their neck and then I tried and then they're no more," she told the 911 operator.

Attorneys for Akhter, who was originally charged with capital murder, said she belonged in a mental hospital and not prison.

"What happened to those children is tragic. We can't change it. We can't take it back," defense attorney Robbie McClung said. "This is a situation where this person needs to be in a hospital."

McClung said Akhter and her family will be safer if she remains hospitalized. Akhter will likely need to receive treatment and medication for several years before it's determined she's no longer dangerous, according to witness testimony.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat...of-2-kids.html

Old 06-29-2015, 06:20 AM
Vanessa12106
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3901

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 3/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss50
Re: Saiqa Akhter, Calls 911 To Tell Them She Killed Her Kids

Bitch please! Can't have normal kids when you are an abnormal wack job! I think maybe they were too normal for that cunt'

The Following User Says Thank You to Vanessa12106 For This Useful Post:
Da1