Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3968
Maam' Iv Done Things to His Body, Bad Things

(February 16, 2011) Hickory, NC -- In one of the grisliest murders the local Catawba County Sheriff's Department can recall, a teen roommate uses the gay panic defense to justify his alleged ax-and-shotgun murder of an older gay man. Michael Anderson, 19, of nearby King's Mountain, is accused of murdering 38-year-old Stephen Starr at about 4:45 a.m. on February 16, 2011 in the Hickory house they shared. The Hickory Daily Record reports that Anderson, claiming he "turned straight" during alleged sexual advances by Starr, shot him with a shotgun and pistol, carved words into his body and wrote some others with a pen, before lodging an ax in the victim's stomach. "He shot his roommate and took an ax to him," Catawba County Sheriff Coy Reid told the Daily Record. "It's one of the nastiest crime scenes I've been to." The words carved and written on Starr's mutilated body were apparently so offensive that officials are not releasing what they were until the trial. Anderson announced the murder on his Facebook page between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m., asking God to forgive him, and claiming that no one would be able to take him alive. The claimed defense is reminiscent of the infamous "Twinkie Defense" used to deflect blame for the murder of gay San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk by a straight rival on the board as Anderson claims that he took too many doses of Mucinex DM, an over-the-counter congestion medication. In a 911 recording released to the Daily Record Anderson says that the pills "drove me mad": "I Od'd on Mucinex DM. Dextromethorphan makes me feel a little weird and I took too many." Anderson told the 911 dispatcher that he shot his roommate three times with a shotgun and pistol, then mutilated the corpse with an ax so brutally that Starr would not be able to be identified: "You're not going to know who it is," Anderson says on the recording. When asked why he killed his roommate, Anderson then says that it was because Starr was gay, and he was heterosexual. "I met [Starr] and went to his house and he took me in and I turned straight again. And he wanted to touch me and stuff and I wouldn't let him, and he kept trying. And I waited until he went to sleep and then I shot him three times. And I mutilated him very badly and I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Oh God, please help me." Starr had likened his relationship to Anderson as a parental one, according to his Facebook page. On February 6, 2011 Starr posted that he had a "new son," a person he was trying to make a better human being. So, Anderson's account of being picked up at a gay bar and molested seems not to square with Starr's understanding of the relationship, neither does Anderson's suggestion that the encounter with his older gay roommate was recent and brief. The two men apparently lived together for several days.

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 Grizzly%20911%20Call%20From%20A%20Murderer%20%28VERY%20GRAPHIC%29.mp4(7.97 MB, 494 views)
Old 11-07-2014, 02:53 AM
deanmine
Offline:
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:221
<--We did it. So Can You

Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3968
Re: Maam' Iv Done Things to His Body, Bad Things

perp and vicClick image for larger version

Name:	michael-anderson-murder-stephen-starr.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	582458

Name:  2-24%20Anderson%20sentence.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  9.7 KB

Name:  11080222.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  16.5 KB

and.... other news tonight

Michael Alig will soon be released

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_lrzu9adk9F1qmdyawo1_500.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	582462

beepboop, BLACKOUTx4500x, Pigeon
Old 11-07-2014, 02:56 AM
deanmine
Offline:
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:221
<--We did it. So Can You

Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3968
Re: Maam' Iv Done Things to His Body, Bad Things

A teenager pleaded guilty Thursday to killing a man and carving into his body.
According to court documents, the word carved on Stephen Starr’s body was the word "joker."
Prosecutors and 19-year-old Michael Anderson’s attorney talked about how the teen abused large amounts of cough medicine in the hours before the killing.
But prosecutors still contend Anderson killed his roommate, Starr, at their home near Hickory, and then mutilated the body after his death with an axe. He also used a knife to carve the word “joker” into his side.
Deputies removed several weapons from the home last February, but officials did not reveal until Thursday that Anderson took as many as 19 pills of the cough medicine Mucinex DM prior to the killing.
"If you take enough of a certain type of cough medicine that has dextromethorphan in it, it causes you to have an LSD acid-type high. You see things that are not there. Everything becomes distorted," said defense attorney Robert Campbell.
Anderson’s attorney said the high, known on the street as Triple C's, skittles, and robo-tripping, is something teenagers can easily access.
Prior to the killing, Anderson had never been in trouble and did not have a criminal record.
Prosecutors said Starr was killed in his sleep and that Anderson confessed to the crime.
"Law enforcement could not find any motive except the defendant gave a complete confession about what he did and how he went about doing it. He just kept mentioning the pills made him do it," said prosecutor Michael Van Buren.
With the urging of Starr's family, the district attorney’s office agreed to a second-degree murder plea deal. The judge sentenced Anderson to between 16 and 20 years of prison time
The judge also agreed to the family’s request to have all the weapons seized in the case destroyed.