Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3968
Karen Biraghi 911 Call Saying She Killed Her Husband

Quote:
On a night lit up by Disney decorations, like Mickey and Minnie lawn ornaments and a huge snow globe, it looked like Christmas Eve outside the Biraghi home in Spring Hill.

But it didn't sound like the holiday, inside.

A newly released 911 recording details what detectives claim is Karen Biraghi confessing to killing her husband, Alan.

"What did you do to him?" the dispatcher asks.

"I shot him," the woman responds.

"Where's your husband?" the dispatcher asks.

"He's on the couch right now," the woman responds.

According to an arrest affidavit, Biraghi confessed to shooting her husband in the head twice at point blank range. He never moved.

At one point in the recording, the dispatcher tells the woman, who calls herself Karen Biraghi, to walk outside with her hands up.

She hands the phone to her mom, Patricia, and the dispatcher asks why Karen would want to kill her husband.

"They split up. He found himself another woman," Patricia answers. "It was somebody that she knew."

Patricia says her son-in-law had a mistress, and after 11 years of marriage, the couple faced divorce.

"She just lost it. She went out and bought a gun," Patricia tells the dispatcher. "She's not a violent person. She's never been in trouble. Ever."

The story of Alan's alleged cheating had spread around the neighborhood, and the tragic ending doesn't even shock the people who live next door.

"I mean, I feel sorry for him. It's terrible. It's a tragedy but it just didn't surprise me," said neighbor, Michael Huey.

The couple had a reclusive reputation. Their house is lined with security cameras and high fencing that's covered in "Beware of Dog" signs.

Perhaps the oddest of all for neighbors was Karen's seeming fixation with Disney.

Her car is detailed with the slogan "Magic is Everywhere". Her license plate reads "DSNE NUT."

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
her_biraghi032913b_10539623_8col.jpg  

her_biraghi032913a_10540020_8col.jpg  

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp3 springhill_murder_2011_911.mp3(1.59 MB, 198 views)