Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3950
Joshua Petersen 911 Call After He Shoots His Son

Name:  Joshua-David-Petersen-Doc.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  9.1 KB
A father tragically shot his five-month-old son dead but was tackled by a horrified family member before he could shoot himself, according to authorities.

Joshua David Petersen, 21, of American Fork, Utah, was arrested by police shortly after the incident at 1 pm on Friday. Officers said the baby, called Ryker, received a single gunshot to the head. The child was transported by helicopter to hospital but died of his injuries.

Petersen is now in Utah County Jail under investigation of aggravated murder, a first degree felony, and held without bail.

It's very early on in the investigation. We're pursuing a lot of different leads,' Ludlow said. 'At this point, we are investigating this as a homicide.' Petersen has no prior criminal history.
Authorities confirmed that Petersen and the baby lived at the 600 N. 500 East address in American Fork but wouldn't provide other details about other occupants of the home

Family members gathered at the house on Friday afternoon. Petersen's Facebook page is full of pictures of his son. The father's recent updates appear to show that his mood was down when he wasn't with Ryker.

His most recent post on March 27 was: 'its a sad day but not when i have my son he makes me happy.' A day earlier Petersen wrote 'im haveing (sic) a bad day besides when i had my son.' Other updates refer to 'happy times' with his son.
Petersen's neighbor Fran Keller explained that the residents of the house were an elderly couple with grandchildren.

Keller reacted to the news of the shooting with sadness. 'I’m pretty upset,' she said. 'How do you go on and even live after this?'

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video

Attached Images
MPEG-1 layer 3 Audio Encoding »
You can stream the mp3 file in your browser, or download it below.
Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp3 american-fork_shooting_911.mp3(2.54 MB, 223 views)