Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7
Re: Audio of the FBI Raid of Peoples Temple in Jonestown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdahmer View Post
he says he wants to "choose his own kind of death for a change", well, how many other ways did he die? how many times did he think he died?
He obviously meant that most people don't choose the way they die, therefore, he would be choosing his own kind of death for a change. He wasn't referring to "other ways he died" but to the ways others died.

There is often more than one way to interpret a sentence.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:52 AM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:963
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

Kudos on the audio. I have no idea how I stumbled upon reading about the mass suicide but I read the transcripts first when I smacked my head for not thinking of DR first. It does suck you in - especially when you realize that there is something for everyone in it and it's a helluva learning experience.

My brief bits for all.

-The leader's propaganda.
-The dissenter shouted down while the leader plays passive-aggressive just long enough for others to begin to shout her down for him, leaving him angelic in their eyes.
-Murder of Congressmen briefly discussed.
-Then you start hearing the creepy references to people calling him Dad.
-Then the people coming in to die. Him "preaching" on, essentially telling people to shut up and admonishing them for not dying right.
-Once the kids crying comes in, you really get acutely fucking aware you are listening to almost 1,000 people getting ready to and dying including mothers willing to poison their children.
-Dear leader gets onto the parents for letting the children cry and making them "excitable" - no fucking shit, the kids don't want to die.
-More bizarre ass Dad speak.

-And you also wonder how many were drugged up in the first place because almost all the talkers have lisps.

End Quotes from leader:

Quote:
I don't care how many screams you hear (as babies are screaming and crying no in the background), I don't care how many anguished cries, death is a million times less sufferable than 10 more days in this life.
Quote:
Adults, adults - I call on you to stop this nonsense to stop this now.
Quote:
If you have any respect at all, are we black (while he was white...), proud and (inaudible)? What are we? Stop this nonsense. You are exciting your children.
Quote:
Come on now, hurry hurry hurry hurry, quickly quickly quickly quickly quickly.
Quote:
If you don't do this, you'll be sorry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
katzmeow, winvens
Old 09-04-2013, 04:11 AM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:963
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

Also, some of the reports - some were already dead while he continued to speak. Some of the kids were screaming from seeing dead bodies. No idea how many were dead at the point of the recording however, but they rehearsed to have everyone dead within 40 minutes or so.

A piece of the "potion/medicine/drink" was Phenergan. As someone who suffered severe morning sickness, this is an impressive anti-vomiting medication. It also makes you extremely sleepy as a sedative, it's an anti-allergen and it's an anti-convulsant (among even more uses). It kept people's bodies from throwing up the toxic mix as most surely would have done and it kept them from having allergic reactions (which would surely cause panic among those waiting to drink) which would have made for some very scary images.

The concoction itself was - for all intents and purposes - a brilliant mix to ensure quick, visibly easy death from all who took it. Evil, but brilliant. It had all the pieces of medications and/or poisons that would ensure about 5 different ways to die from it to keep any one person from surviving just one method or another method.

It's said Jones didn't have a lisp when he started his whole craziness, that it came about towards the end in Jonestown only because of his heavy, heavy drug use of sedative type meds such as Valium. So this speech may have sounded even dumber to us - but many of the followers apparently were supposed to have known him when he was charismatic. I think it's the reason he may have shot himself. He might have been able to consume the drink and not died because the downers in it, he'd already been abusing for several years.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
bigdavedawg, jasmine30, Sterlig, winvens
Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 PM
curvature
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:495

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1282

Master manipulator who didn't want any one left alive to tell about what a freak he was, including being a fuckin pedophile.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:39 PM
suwalero
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:10790

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7

Awesome record. 900+ idiots died in one time, masterkill. Was there only one person who had a brain?