Go Back  

Indy/Formula One: Fatal and Non Fatal Crash Photos (Stop Motion, Color, B&W, Frames) 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 03-04-2014, 03:04 PM
windowlicker
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:462

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss1415
Re: Indy/Formula One: Fatal and Non Fatal Crash Photos (Stop Motion, Color, B&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker View Post
The Belgium GP 1960 at Spa has gone down in history as one of the most tragic Championship Grand Prix ever. By the end of the race two drivers were dead and two seriously injured.

The first incident took place on Saturday when Stirling Moss lost a wheel from his Lotus at Burneville, the car went into a violent spin, hit a bank and threw Striling out of the car sustaining serious leg, nose and back injuries. Stirling was lying in the dirt unable to see or breath properly when other drivers stopped to help.

This is what Moss said about the crash, "I was holding the car in a sweeping right hand bend when the left wheel snapped off. I did the only thing possible under the circumstances. With the wheel gone the rear of the car slid out left, I threw the steering hard to correct, and stood on the brakes. I reckon I took 50mph off the top. I remember looking back and seeing that the wheel wasn't there anymore. The car spun I think twice and hit the embankment backwards. I think my neck snapped back and that knocked me out."

Bruce McLaren was following Moss, "It hit the left side of the road, rocketed across to the right and bounced wildly in the air. I had the brakes on hard and slid to a stop as the Lotus came to a rest. I raced back to the wrecked car and to my amazement it was empty!"
Original post from page 81.

A new photo of the Stirling Moss crash at Spa 1960, shows just how lucky he was being thrown from the car at high speed...Moss can be seen on the left hand side, his car on the right.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
b60.jpg  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to windowlicker For This Useful Post:
Barton Farley, Darkseed, Norwegian1, Photoplay
Old 03-04-2014, 03:24 PM
windowlicker
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss1415

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker View Post
Mel Kenyon's car is hit by Gordon Johncock, at the 1971 Indy 500, after it spun in oil left by steve Krisiloff's car which blew an engine on lap 12. Johncock slammed into Kenyon’s car, vaulting over it. Kenyon later said, “I have the wheel marks on my helmet to prove it.” Mario Andretti’s STP then collided with the wreckage. All four drivers walked away unhurt as did a number of track workers who were trying to get Kenyon out of his car, prior to Johncock's car spinning off.

A very lucky escape by all...

Mel 'King of the Midget's Kenyon' took part in sixty USAC races with ten top five finishes, including three 3rd places, one of which was at the 1968 Indy 500.

Original post from page 162.

i71.jpg  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to windowlicker For This Useful Post:
Barton Farley, Darkseed, jeremycrpntr, Norwegian1, Photoplay
Old 03-04-2014, 10:31 PM
The Dark
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2295
Male

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss123

RE: Mr Ecclestone's grip on F1. The upcoming documentary 1: Life at the limit (already out in USA) has a little snippet on how this happened.

Prior to the 76 showdown between Hunt & Lauda at Fuji, Ecclestone bought all the worldwide TV rights for $1million, he offered each of the 10 teams a chance to buy in for $100k. They ALL refused.

Bernie went to the TV companies and said "Sure, you can show the 76 Japanese GP, and I'll give you the F1 rights for the next 4 years as well..... here's the price and you'll show every grand prix!". Hence the explosion in coverage, sponsorship, and Bernie's wallet.

He obviously is a smart guy, but I think his "70's" methods may be catching up to him

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Dark For This Useful Post:
Darkseed, Norwegian1, Photoplay, windowlicker
Old 03-05-2014, 08:42 AM
AlvinKarpis
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:610
Male

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss945

Bottom line.......

Ecclestone is a lame

Whenever I see him on speaking on TV I mute his real voice in my head and then imagine him speaking just like Robin Leach on "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlvinKarpis For This Useful Post:
Darkseed, Norwegian1, Photoplay, windowlicker
Old 03-05-2014, 09:13 AM
windowlicker
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss1415

Hopefully Bernie will take his net worth of $3.8 billion and bugger off....he's long outstayed his welcome as far as I'm concerned.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to windowlicker For This Useful Post:
Darkseed, Norwegian1, Photoplay
Old 03-05-2014, 02:59 PM
fortythree
Offline:
Poster Rank:1597

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 6/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss211

I can tell you that it's at devils elbow, last corner before the start finish at Mallory Park, a club circuit in the UK

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fortythree For This Useful Post:
Norwegian1, Photoplay
Old 03-07-2014, 11:13 AM
fortythree
Offline:

Activity Longevity
2/20 6/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss211

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinKarpis View Post
Proof that Salt Walther was clipped from behind

Watch the right side of Walthers car, you will see smoke/fuel spray out towards the center of the track

You will also see the car directly behind him veer sharply to the right as well

There is another car behind the car that clips Walther that tries avoiding the wreck and you can tell the difference in the two cars becuase the one that clips Walther veers off violently in the othetr direction and the one who steers to avoid is is a driver applied movement

You can also see two separate hits by the smoke that I was talking about earlier, one plume spays out to the right as Walther is clipped, then when he hits/goes over Jerry Grant a seperate plume sprays to the left towards the wall and catch fence

Watching it at regular speed is key, just imagine the car behind Walther just barley clipping his car and then watch both cars veer off in opposite directions

We have seen it in many wrecks before, just nipping another open wheel racer will turn it into an airplane

Watch the slo-mo at the end as well, it may take a couple times but once you see with your own eyes what I see there will be no doubt that Walther was telling the truth this entire time

Old 03-07-2014, 11:20 AM
fortythree
Offline:

Activity Longevity
2/20 6/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss211

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinKarpis View Post
Proof that Salt Walther was clipped from behind

Watch the right side of Walthers car, you will see smoke/fuel spray out towards the center of the track

You will also see the car directly behind him veer sharply to the right as well

That car is so tight behind Salt and the way it behaves when Walther gets airborne I would put money on it having tagged him. Am I right in thinking Salt passed away recently? Sorry for the random posts but I only recently joined this awesome thread and am slowly rolling thro the back catalogue. Got some stuff to contribute too, just need to sort my tech out.
That
There is another car behind the car that clips Walther that tries avoiding the wreck and you can tell the difference in the two cars becuase the one that clips Walther veers off violently in the othetr direction and the one who steers to avoid is is a driver applied movement

You can also see two separate hits by the smoke that I was talking about earlier, one plume spays out to the right as Walther is clipped, then when he hits/goes over Jerry Grant a seperate plume sprays to the left towards the wall and catch fence

Watching it at regular speed is key, just imagine the car behind Walther just barley clipping his car and then watch both cars veer off in opposite directions

We have seen it in many wrecks before, just nipping another open wheel racer will turn it into an airplane

Watch the slo-mo at the end as well, it may take a couple times but once you see with your own eyes what I see there will be no doubt that Walther was telling the truth this entire time

Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 AM
fortythree
Offline:

Activity Longevity
2/20 6/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss211

That car is so tight behind Salt and the way it reacts after Walther gets airbourne would have me put money on it having tagged him. Am i right in thinking Salt passed away recently? Apologies for the random posts, just recently joined the thread and am rolling thro the back catalogue, hopefully i'll have some new stuff to contribute once I've sorted my tech shit out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fortythree For This Useful Post:
Norwegian1, Photoplay, windowlicker
Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 PM
AlvinKarpis
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:610
Male

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss945

Here are some Newspaper scans I came across in an old file of the Don MacTavish fatal crash

Some brutal images, amazing to think that back in 1969 newspapers had no qualms about printing horrific photos of a person in death

karpissommers.jpg  

karpmac.jpg  

02karpismactavish2.jpg  

01karpismactavish.jpg  

005karpmactavishbody2.png  

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AlvinKarpis For This Useful Post:
Barton Farley, CaSe, Darkseed, Norwegian1, Photoplay, Stormin' Norvin, windowlicker